Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins. Delicious muffins that are light and fluffy on the inside and crunchy on top. Flavored with brown butter, chocolate chips, and espresso powder.
Notice: Undefined variable: readonly in /home2/dollopof/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gourmet-ads-4/gourmet-ads.php on line 209
How do you like your coffee? Black, loaded with a ton of cream, or somewhere in between? Personally, I prefer my coffee in muffin form. 😉
These muffins are super easy to make and absolutely delicious. The muffins have nice peaks and our super soft on the inside. The tops get a nice crunch from the coarse sugar, which is totally optional but recommended. Definitely one of my all time favorite muffin recipes, and that my friends, is one heck of a feat.
These muffins use browned butter but if you’ve never done it before, here’s How To Brown Butter. Be warned though that once you brown butter, you’ll get hooked! It’s that dang good. 🙂
Prepare to fall in love with these Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins!
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, browned and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Completely grease a muffin tin and line with muffin liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- In small bowl, lightly whisk eggs with a fork. Add cooled brown butter, milk, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Make a well in dry mixture. Add wet mixture and 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips into well. Fold gently with a spatula, careful not to overmix.
- Scoop even amounts in to prepared muffin tin. Each cup should be almost filled. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 425 degrees. Without opening oven, reduce temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 8 more minutes.